Friday 18 May 2012

Voices of Angels


I’m doing something a little strange this evening. I’m recommending a book my own publishing company has been involved with. Voices of Angels is edited by Debz Hobbs-Wyatt. I actually had very little to do with this book.  I gave one story a light edit. When I read it again I’d forgotten most of it so it was like reading it for the first time. I wasn’t even involved with the proof read this time. The most I did was give it a quick look through to see that the formatting was right.
And it’s sat on my shelf since it came out at the end of last year.
Last week I got round to reading it.
I was entranced. The stories were engaging, gripping and entertaining. All about angels of one sort or another. I wanted to make some extra comments about some of them but another look through the book has convinced me that I couldn’t choose between them; they are all so good.
I’m also convinced that Bridge House produces good books. Phew! What a relief. I’d just read a book published by one of the Big Six and written by a writer I respect. But I enjoyed Voices more. What a revelation!      
£1 from every paperback and a percentage form every Kindle edition sold goes to the Caron Keating Foundation, the charity Gloira Hunniford set up in her daughter’s memory. Gloria Hunniford has written the foreword.     

No comments:

Post a Comment